WNC Pickleball Club is primarily dedicated to players who expect to contend and win at tournaments. However, on-court ability is not the sole factor in determining a member’s ongoing eligibility.
All members must abide by the following guidelines, which are designed to promote a consistently enjoyable playing atmosphere, while maintaining the highest level of competitiveness:
1. Due to liability and insurance restrictions, ONLY paid members of WNC Pickleball Club are allowed to participate in any of our activities. Members are not allowed to bring a friend, relative, spouse, or any other individual who is not also a paid member of the club.
1. When adding your name to our attendee list, you may ONLY add your own name. You may not include another person’s name in the Comments section of your signup, even if that person is already a member.
2. If your name is NOT on the list for a particular day, DO NOT show up at the venue and expect to play. Each skill level has a specific number of slots available each day. This is designed to: prevent excessive wait times, tell us how many courts to set up that day, and let us know how they should be allotted based on skill level.
3. If your name IS on the list for a particular day, and you discover you will not be able to attend, REMOVE your name so another member may fill that slot and play.
1. All members of WNC Pickleball Club are expected to treat each other with courtesy and respect.
2. Competitive players in any sport are often passionate players, too. In the heat of a game, it’s natural to let off steam or attempt to raise the spirits of a team-mate by making high-energy, emotional comments. If, however, your comments repeatedly fall into one the following categories, you will be asked to refrain from making them:
a) VULGAR – profanity used in such a way or at such a volume as to make other members distracted or uncomfortable.
b) DEROGOTORY – comments to an opponent or partner to which a reasonable person is justified in taking offense.
c) ROUTINELY ARGUMENTATIVE – engaging in pointed disagreements on a regular basis.
1. If THREE members of WNC Pickleball Club are of the opinion that a particular member’s conduct is regularly disruptive and detrimental to their play and the enjoyment of the group as a whole, they may call for an anonymous, online vote as to whether that member should be allowed to remain, or have their membership immediately revoked.
2. If a simple majority of WNC Pickleball Club members vote anonymously to revoke that person’s membership, the member will receive a full refund for that’s month’s dues, be immediately removed from the membership list, and no longer allowed to attend any activities or functions of WNC Pickleball Club.
3. There will be no grounds for appeal, and the person will NOT be given an opportunity to re-apply for membership at a later time.
4. The decision of the membership is final.
We appreciate your help in making WNC Pickleball Club the best place to play high-level pickleball in Western North Carolina!